SCHEDULE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
The time has come again, my dearest, loveliest Janeites! Welcome to Austen in August, my 4th annual Jane Austen lovefest! If you're unfamiliar with Austen in August (or its former incarnation, Jane in June), then briefly: Austen in August is 2 solid weeks of non-stop Janery. There will be reviews, interviews, guest posts, giveaways and tons of fun random stuff. This year, I also want to try some new things, like movie nights and/or twitter parties. And of course, we've got our yearly read along, this time of Austen's most challenging work, Mansfield Park. All are welcome in Austen in August, from the most diehard of Janeites, with their "You pierce my soul" tattoos and their curricle-driving street gangs*, to the most fresh-faced, wide-eyed initiates, who find no significance (as yet) in the term "wet-shirt"... (noobs)
*If groups like this really exist, please tell me how to become one of your order...
Below you'll find the schedule of events, updated daily, to help guide you through the next two overwhelmingly-awesome/awesomely-overwhelming weeks. There will be an Austen in August button, like the one seen below, at the bottom of each and every post, which you can click to be brought back to this main page, where you can navigate to your next bit of Janedom. There will also be a brief navigational menu in the sidebar, with links to key things. Or you can just scroll and scroll to your heart's content!
Feel free to snag the button below and display it on your sidebars, tumblrs, or your own AIA blog posts.
|The button will look like this, and will link you back to this main page.|
Thanks to faestock & inadesign for the images used to create this button.
And speaking of your own posts - a lot of the amazing Jane goodness you're going to see during Austen in August was contributed by other bloggers and authors who couldn't pass up a chance to spread their love of Jane. In the midst of all this sweet, sweet Janery, you may find yourself regretting that you didn't sign up to be a featured guest, but it's cool, I've gotcha covered! There is a Participation Linky set up for you to share any Austen-related posts you decide to share from your own blogs. Feel free to wade in and get your feet wet, or dive in head first and share your love of Austen! And, if you're so inclined, join the Mansfield Park read-along!
The rest is pretty self-explanatory, though I do want to make one note - I've decided, for the sake of ease-of-scrolling, to do things a little different this year. Because there are so very many awesome posts going up, all but the shortest posts are going to have a "jump" or a pagebreak. This way, if you're wanting to just scroll-through and idly browse AIA, you'll be able to take more in at a glance, find what you're looking for easier, and everything will load faster: win win win.
Now. Go forth, my dears. Browse, read, enter to win and chime into the the many Edmund Bertram debates that I'm sure will pop up, and enjoy Austen in August!!
YOUR DANCE CARD
(It's pretty full; feel free to politely decline Mr Collins...)
Sunday, the 18th
- Welcome and Schedule - you are here.
- Austen in August Participation Linky - share your own posts here!
- Austen in August giveaway registration form
- Austen - By The Book | guest post from Cecilia Gray
- Giveaway: Among the Janeites by Deborah Yaffe
- "Reforming the Rakes" - a Janeite conversation
- Austenmania: My Jane Austen collection
Monday, the 19th
Thursday, the 29th
- Meet the New Darcys! | guest post from Maria Grazia
- Giveaway: Antique Fashionista prize pack
- The Austen Interpreter takes on Mansfield Park, part 1
- Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik | Review
- What's Wrong with Mansfield Park? | guest post from Deborah Yaffe
- Mansfield Park Read Along - Discussion Questions, pt 1.
- The Supersizers Go: Regency England
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries | guest post from Vonnie
- "Amelia Webster" discussion + handmade mini-book giveaway from Alexa Adams
- Austen in August Twitter Chat Invite & Info
- There Must Be Murder by Margaret C. Sullivan | Review
- Giveaway: The Man Who Loved Jane Austen and Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen
- Mansfield Park and the Absent Hero | guest post from Sophie Weeks
- Excerpt & Giveaway: Mr Darcy's Noble Connections by Abigail Reynolds
- The Character Connection: finding yourself in Austen | a conversation
- What to do after the LBD: Sanditon...
- The Trouble with Flirting | guest review from Sam
- Jane in Your Interwebs, part 1
- Excerpt: Pirates and Prejudice by Kara Louise + Giveaway!
- The Regency Interpreter takes on Mansfield Park, part 2
- Austenland by Shannon Hale | guest review from Liz
- A Rant Against Lame Heroes | guest post from Nancy Kelley
- Excerpt & Giveaway: the Given Good Principles series by Maria Grace
- Review: First Impressions and Second Glances by Alexa Adams
- Gender-Flipping Pride and Prejudice | guest post from Jessica Grey
- Friday Face Off: A Weekend with Mr Darcy
- Giveaway: His Good Opinion and Loving Miss Darcy by Nancy Kelley
- Vlog Review: Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
- Lost In Austen | guest review from Megan
- Photoset: Travels with Jane
- Giveaway: Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
- In Defense of Emma Woodhouse | guest post from Maria
- Short Story Saturday: Coffee with Darcy by Helen Midgley
- A Child in a “Highly Cultivated Garden”: Mansfield Park vs. Jane Eyre | guest post from Monica Fairview
- Cover Reveal & Giveaway: Mr Darcy Takes the Plunge by J. Marie Croft
- Giveaway: Jane Austen Academy book of choice + $25 gift card from Cecilia Gray!
- Mansfield Park: Love It or Loathe It? - a Janeite conversation
- Jane Austen, Game Theorist | guest review from Lex Keating
- Giveaway: Fitzwilliam Darcy such as I was by Carol Cromlin
- Defending Jane Austen's B*tches
- Jane In Your Interwebs, part 2
- Giveaway: My Own Mr Darcy by Karey White
- The Regency Interpreter takes on Mansfield Park, part 3
- Giveaway: Attempting Elizabeth by Jessica Grey
- Review: Impulse & Iniative by Abigail Reynolds
- Mansfield Park Read Along Discussion Questions, part 2
- Giveaway: Mr Darcy's Undoing by Abigail Reynolds
- Catherine Morland: The Original Geek Girl | guest post from Courtney
- Mansfield Park WATCH-Along Reminder | #AIATwitChat
- Giveaway: The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman
- Becoming a Janeite | guest post from Ayr Bray
- Playing Emma: Introducing Austen's Characters to Each Other | a conversation
- Vlog: Personalized Edition of P&P!
- Giveaway: complete set of A Fair Prospect by Cassandra Grafton
- Cover Reveal: Steampunk Darcy by Monica Fairview
- P&P in S&P - adapting Pride and Prejudice | guest post from Talia Vance
- A Very Austentatious Interview with Alyssa Goodnight...and then some
- Giveaway: Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight
- Jane-Envy: a peek into people's Austen collections
**Don't forget to join me on Twitter at 8 pm EST for our final #AIATwitChat!**
- Giveaway & Excerpt: the Tale of Less Pride & Prejudice series by Alexa Adams
- Persuaded | guest post from Ashley Maxson
- The Regency Interpreter takes on Mansfield Park, part 4
- Favorite Austen Moments | guest post & giveaway from Laurie Viera Rigler
- For Future Jane: the wishlist...
- Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen by Sally Smith O'Rourke | review
- Coming to my Senses (and Sensibilities) | guest post from Tony Cliff
- Friday Face Off: Lex's Sense & Sensibility Take Over
- Don't Get Your Petticoats in a Twist | a conversation
- Giveaway: Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff
- Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight | audiobook review
- Cover Reveal: Love at First Slight by J. Marie Croft
- Giveaway: The Regency Ladies Survival Kit
- Vlog: Beyond Jane Austen (for Beginners)
- Among the Janeites by Deborah Yaffe | review
- Jane In Your Interwebs, part 3
- Mansfield Park Read Along Discussion Questions, part 3
- The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman | review
- The End
Want more Jane-browsing while you wait for tomorrow's posts? Check out years One, Two and Three!