Hello Janeites, and welcome to Round 4 of the Pride and Prejudice Read-Along. Here is the linky to post your responses to the Round 3 questions/discussions. Round 4 questions are below.
[Want to join? Click the button above to be taken to the signup and links to the Discussion Qs so far!]
This linky is for ROUND 3 responses. The linky for Round 4 questions (below) will be posted next Wednesday, giving you the week to respond.
Discussion Qs Chapters 43-51
Remember, these are merely prompts; you can discuss the book however you would like, and ask your own questions if you choose. :)
This is a shorter section, so I'll only have a few questions for you - but I think there's a lot to talk about, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
- Discuss Lizzie & the Gardiners visit to Pemberley. Consider touching on any of the following:
-- Lizzie's first meeting with Darcy since the proposal.
-- Darcy's behavior, and his apparent willingness to continue their acquaintance through things like proposing she meet his sister.
-- Lizzie's renewed acquaintance with the Bingleys and their reactions; Lizzie's reception from Georgiana
-- The Gardiners' reactions to the whole thing.
- Discuss Jane's letter to Lizzie and the news of Wickham and Lydia, as well as the interaction between Lizzie and Darcy upon receipt of the letter.
- Discuss the marriage of the Wickhams, and how it all came about. Consider Lydia's slip that Darcy was there; the money involved; the Bennet parents reactions, etc.
- Discuss your thoughts on the whole of this section, and where you think the book is going, or what you hope to see (if you haven't read it; if you have, think back to the first time you read it and answer accordingly, and contrast that to how you feel about it now).
- Freeform. Discuss whatever you feel about this section, or the book so far.
|Click to be taken to Main Page & Schedule|