The voting is over, and Pride and Prejudice just barely managed to snag the win - the only thing surprising in that being the fact that it wasn't the front-runner right from the beginning. So for our very first Jane in June read along, we will be reading one of the most popular novels of all time, certainly Austen's best-known:
Pride and Prejudice.
The Read Along will be structured like this:
- Participants can officially sign up from now to May 31st; the first Read Along post will be scheduled for June 1st.
- Every Wednesday throughout June, there will be a linky to post your participation for that week's segment of the book. The questions/prompts for the next section will be posted then as well. (The questions and prompts for the first week will be posted 1 week before, on May 25th).
- Participants are welcome to answer the questions/prompts or go completely free-form, and participate in whatever format they're comfortable with (so vloggers welcome! I myself will likely vlog for mine).
- Whether you're officially participating or not, I would love for people to be active and start discussions. If you have questions of your own, or things you want to discuss about the book, include them in your posts and then communicate with other participants. As Linda Richman would say, Tawk amongst yahselves!
- Don't have a copy of your own? Don't worry! There are a number of places you can read or download it for free, like Project Gutenberg or The Republic of Pemberley!
- A new linky will be posted each Wednesday for you to post your thoughts on the chapters for that week. The linky below is for sign-up only.
June 1st: First impressions + Chapters 1-17 [Questions here]
June 8th: Chapters 18-29 [Questions here]
June 15th: Chapters 30-42 [Questions here]
June 22nd: Chapters 43-51 [Questions here]
June 29th: Chapters 52-61 + Final thoughts
To sign up, make a brief post/vlog about the Read Along, letting us know a little bit about you, why you wanted to participate, and whether this is your first time reading Pride and Prejudice/Jane Austen (and anything else you want us to know), and then link it below; then make sure to stop back by every Wednesday throughout June to link up your thoughts on that week's section, and pick up the group questions for the next week. Feel free to snag the button, too!
Don't just link your blog name! Make sure to link to a post about the Read Along and you.
Remember, make sure to stop back on May 25th to pick up the first set of discussion questions!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!