Anywhoodles, as we all bid the world adieu (or gird our loins and prepare to take what's coming), I thought I'd share with you my Rapture Mix:
- Apocalypse Please by Muse. It's a must. Because afterall, this is the end, this is the end of the woooooooooorld!
- Welcome to the Occupation by Cold War Kids. The devils in the details, folks...
- Running by Menomena. Because that's what I'm probably going to be doing for awhile... Also making the list from Menomena ~ Rotten Hell: )
- Sons and Daughters by The Decemberists. "We will arise from the bunkers /By land, by sea, by dirigible /We'll leave our tracks untraceable now" That's right. Mothereffing dirigible.
- Country Death Song by Violent Femmes. Because it's my last chance to hear Gordon Gano pretend to be a hick. And because this is as close to country as I'm ever going to get.
- Four Winds by Bright Eyes. Okay, maybe this is the closest to country I get...
- Let's Get Fucked Up and Die by Motion City Soundtrack. Well, yeah. And honorable mention to The Future Freaks Me Out. "I'm on fire" indeed...
- Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) by Florence and the Machine. For that last ditch effort sacrifice.
- Earth Died Screaming, Jesus Gonna Be Here and We're All Mad Here by Tom Waits. Hell doesn't want you and Heaven is full...And the worms they will climb the rugged ladder of your spine...Is there a better, creepier way to go out?
- and last, but certainly not least: It's the End of the World as We Know It by REM :
Been nice knowing you, kittens! If you get a break from the running and the screaming (oh, the things you crazy kids get up to these days!), let me know what's on your Rapture Mix in the comments!
*Oh, and if you can't tell, I'm a total smartass. Sorry if I offended everyone who believes that the world is ending right now. And hey, maybe you're right. And then won't my face be red.