So, the Q for Day 1 is: Who are you and how do you armchair?
So, some facts and stuff:
- My name is Misty (yes, it's my real name. Every time someone asks me that (which is often), I feel like they're asking me if it's actually my stripper name. It's usually accompanied by A Look. Or maybe I'm just paranoid).
- I've been blogging for nearly 2 years now, and it's kinda crazy how much a part of my life blogging has become.
- I had full intentions of going to BEA this year (ALA last year was so much fun!), but then I remembered I was poor.
- Every time I find out someone in my real life is a reader, I immediately have a list of books for them. They generally back slowly away from the zealous look in my eyes... Books I love that not enough people seem to know about: We Have Always Lived in the Castle; number9dream; Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow; A Little Wanting Song; I Capture the Castle; Madapple; oh, god this list could go on forever. I'll stop.
- I'm obsessed with Jane Austen.
- I like to mix it up with videos. Sometimes I say inappropriate things. <-----This could be 2 different facts, except that I sometimes say those inappropriate things on camera...
How I armchair: I have a real (shitty) job that will unfortunately keep me from armchairing as much as I would like - especially this week, as everyone apparently decided to go on vacation - but I'm going to try to do the daily posts and a twitter party or two.
Day 2: Best of 2011 (so far):
There are 2 parts to this: books I've loved so far this year, and books that will be featured at BEA and I hope to love. So
Faves so far:
Faves so far:
These aren't in any particular order, btw. And I have to give an honorable mention to Unearthly, too, which I enjoyed waaaaaay more than I expected to. Also, I own a good many of the super-hyped books that have come out this year, but haven't read them, so hopefully, as I do, this faves of 2011 list will grow...
Lusting after, hoping to love:
I don't know how many of these are actually going to be featured at BEA, but I am looking forward to each and every one of them. And a million more, of course...
Thanks for stopping by! If you're participating in Armchair BEA, leave me a link and I'll make sure to stop by and check out your posts! :)