I've mentioned in passing a few times now that I am going to be doing a Beach Reads meme this summer, so I figured it was time to finally tell you a little bit about it, since, you know, it's almost summer. The idea for Beach Reads came about from my need to read more contemporary, and the generall summery desire for "fluff", contemporary or otherwise.
So here are a few details about my Beach Reads:
* update: Although I originally posted these every Friday throughout the summer of 2011, I will now post Beach Reads throughout the late Spring and summer, whenever I see fit (ie whenever I've read a good "beach worthy" book).
* They will mostly focus on light, fun beach-appropriate stuff, though there may be the occasional not-so-fluffy read (for the 'serious' beach reader). update: "Light" mostly refers to tone - anything that's engaging and quick, or to which the terms "spunky," "fiesty," and "hilarious" can be applied (to main character or author).
* I will try to keep the reviews quick and fun, and will rate the "beach-worthiness" of the reads.
* Anyone is welcome to steal the button above and post about their own beach reads (faves, what you're reading this summer, pics of you reading at the beach, etc)
* Jane in June will include its own line up of Beach Reads, for all you beachy Janeites.
Here is the line-up so far:
- Mr Darcy Goes Overboard by Belinda Roberts
- Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
- A Weekend with Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly
- What Would Mr Darcy Do? by Abigail Reynolds
- Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
- Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Tara Altebrando
- One Butt Cheek at a Time by Amber Kizer
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
More coming soon!