So. If this flops, that's fine, but really, TRY THIS! It's so much fun taking your favorite book, or even your favorite scene, and condensing it down to 140 characters. And remember, you don't have to have a Twitter account, you can post them in the comments and I'll add them to the list.
At the end of the month, we'll take a vote on our favorite, and the winner will receive...something.
And just to prove to you how easy it is, I wrote you another, based on Northanger Abbey. Consider it a letter to Catherine, from Henry (comprising one of my favorite lines):
Catherine: You silly girl, get your head out of the clouds! Remember that we are English. And know I'll always love you. ~ Henry
- Marry me, Lizzie!/ Not even if you had behaved in a more gentleman-like manner! Oh, you've humbled yourself, and me as well - I do!/ I, too! (me)
- Dearest Anne, I cannot stay silent! / Oh, Cpt. Wentworth, I had regrets but could not speak! Misunderstanding keep us apart no longer! (Becky)
- Dearest Emma: I beseech you, stop being a ninny and look at me. Forever yours, Mr. Knightley (Juju)
- Anne, you wound me still. You pierce my soul! One look, one word -- My Wentworth, I love you, I've always loved you - and I always will... (me)
- My dearest cousin Fanny, listen patiently as I talk to you endlessly about Mary Crawford. Alas! She's an insensitive cow. It is you I love! (Alexa)
- Catherine: You silly girl, get your head out of the clouds! Remember that we are English. And know I'll always love you. ~ Henry (me again)
GO HERE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL POST AND JOIN IN!