|ACROSS1. Would like you to take a nice basin of gruel with him. And put on a shawl already!|
3. She is a great deal too apt, you know, to like people in general...
5. Will be mistress of herself, no matter how much she is saddened.
7. Is certainly NOT gone off to Scotland with his underage...friend...
8. We were less than impressed when he said "She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me..."
9. This lady felt the loss of her loves character more than she felt the loss of his heart.
10. Loves Martin -- No, Elton! -- No, Knightley! -- Okay, maybe it IS Martin...
12. The misguided matchmaker
13. Likes to pay little compliments which are *mostly* the work of the moment...
15. Sees murder and intrigue wherever she goes
17. She may be Austen's oldest heroine, but she still catches a great one
18. Mr Collins *doting* patroness
19. Doesn't love Jane OR Harriet
|DOWN2. He wrote The Letter|
4. Is sure to say 3 very silly things indeed...
6. Is fond of redcoats
11. Loves Mary -- I mean, Fanny...
14. Wants his lady to "remember that we are English!"
16. Believes we have all of us a better guide in ourselves, if we'd only listen