Here's the idea:
Jane Austen inspiried fan fiction, Twitter style. This means super condensed down to 140 characters or less.
That's characters, people, not words -- and characters as in letters and whatnot, not Darcy and Lizzie and a cast of 142 others.
So. They can be silly, serious, the ultimate Cliffs Notes, a little poem -- whatever, as long as it's Jane-like and 140 characters or less.
So here is mine:
Marry me, Lizzie!/ Not even if you had behaved in a more gentleman-like manner! Oh, you've humbled yourself, and me as well - I do!/ I, too!
You can submit it on Twitter, of course, but if you don't have a Twitter account, just leave it in the comments. Enter as many times as you want, I would love to feature these every week.
(If you enter on twitter, please send me a @DarlingMisty or #JaneinJune tweet before or after so I know to look for it. You don't have to include it with the fanfic, as that takes away from your available characters).
Please, PLEASE do this, people, I think it could be really really fun.
At the end of the month, I will choose some of my favorites and put them up for a vote, and the winner will get a tbd mystery prize!
- Marry me, Lizzie!/ Not even if you had behaved in a more gentleman-like manner! Oh, you've humbled yourself, and me as well - I do!/ I, too! (me)
- Dearest Anne, I cannot stay silent! / Oh, Cpt. Wentworth, I had regrets but could not speak! Misunderstanding keep us apart no longer! (Becky)
- Dearest Emma: I beseech you, stop being a ninny and look at me. Forever yours, Mr. Knightley (Juju)
- Anne, you wound me still. You pierce my soul! One look, one word -- My Wentworth, I love you, I've always loved you - and I always will... (me)
- My dearest cousin Fanny, listen patiently as I talk to you endlessly about Mary Crawford. Alas! She's an insensitive cow. It is you I love! (Alexa)
- Catherine: You silly girl, get your head out of the clouds! Remember that we are English. And know I'll always love you. ~ Henry (me)
- Misery such as mine has no pride.I care not who know tht i'm wrecthed.The triumph of seeing me so may be open to all the world (Darlyn)
- I felt myself to be as solemnly engaged to him,as if the strictest legal covenant had bound us to each other ~Marianne (Darlyn)
- Dear Anne, Could you stop being so pretty and graceful and selfless and stuff? I’m trying to hate you over here. Thanks, Capt. W. (Jamie)
- Dear Diary, I LOVE that Wickham fellow! Just kidding, I hate him! And I always have! >_< J/K, I loved him the whole time! Hahahaha! ~Mrs. B. (Jamie)