This post has absolutely NOTHING to do with Helluva Halloween (unless, I guess, you were to dress up...), so if you came here looking for Helluva Halloweeniness, look away. Or before and after this post at least.
See this copy of Green Eggs and Ham in this (horrible) picture I took? See that seal my finger is touching? It says 50th anniversary Edition!
That's right, it's the 50th Anniversary of Dr Seuss' classic Green Eggs and Ham. And Random House Children's Books asked me if I'd like to be a part of the celebratory shenanigans.
This is my excited face ---> ^_^ And another one ---> =D
So, not only did I get a shiny new 50th Anniversary Edition of my very own, but I got another to share with you!
But, wait, there's more! (<-- ha. I amuse myself, if no one else...)
Random House is having a Green Eggs and Ham HAM It Up video contest, where one grand prize winner gets a m a z i n g n e s s , like:
- $2,000 Cash
- Beautifully framed 50th Anniversary Green Eggs and Ham print. This is a hand-pulled, limited edition serigraph on paper authorized by Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P.
- Framed dimension: 37 ½ wide x 67" high ($2,700 value)
- Year's Supply of Ham from Ham I Am! ($600 value. See official rules for details.)
- Flip UltraHDTM 2 Hours camcorder ($200 value)
- Dr. Seuss library of books ($100 value)
Dr. Seuss created a masterpiece in 50 words ... I can only imagine what you could do with 2 minutes of video...
Oh, but you want to know about that extra book they sent me, right? Weeelll.
MAYBE if you leave a comment telling me why you ♥ Dr. Seuss, and
MAYBE if you fill out this form, then
MAYBE you will win this little contest...
And MAYBE if you enter the Hamming it up, you will win a very BIG one!!!