Caption This! is another chance for you to get in on the Helluva Halloween fun and another chance to enter to win the Helluva Halloween Tricks and Treats Grab Bag! Each Sunday I'm going to post a couple of spooky, Halloweenish pictures for you. Each captures a moment in time that may be telling a Helluva Halloween story. Your job is to caption them and tell that story. You can tell your own brief creepy story, retell your favorite, quote a scary movie or book -- whatever you think suits the picture (but if you DO happen to quote a book you may get bonus points -- this is a book blog, after all!) You can enter every week for every picture, so this is a way to get lots of entries into the grab bag...
1. Open to everyone, everywhere.
2. Leave your caption(s) in the comments, and if you are quoting someone/thing make sure you give them credit! (ie leave the title of the movie, book, etc) If you are quoting a book, you get a bonus entry if you can "prove" it (give me a page number, find the quote listed on a quotes page or Goodreads, etc)
3. Try to keep captions fairly brief, 4 lines max.
4. Remember, this is Halloween. Funny's fine, but make sure it's related to Halloween, or at least something creepy.
5. All captions count for points for those entered in the Grab Bag giveaway. I'll keep track, you don't have to worry about that.
6. You don't have to tell a complete story (beginning, middle, end); these are captions for moments in time -- it's okay to leave us in suspense, or make us wonder what's around the corner there...You can give us the "first line" or "last line" of the story you see in the picture -- whatever you think captures the haunted spirit of it.
7. Make sure you specify which picture(s) you are captioning (saying #1, #2, etc is fine)
Had to throw that last one in there. Too cute.