So settle in and get ready to Speak Out.
Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
Here is the little piece I cut from the reading:
THE FIRST TEN LIES THEY TELL YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL:
- We are here to help you.
- You will have enough time to get to your class before the bell rings.
- The dress code will be enforced.
- No smoking is allowed on school grounds.
- Our fottball team will win the championship this year.
- We expect more of you here.
- Guidance counselors are always available to listen.
- Your schedule was created with you in mind.
- Your locker combination is private.
- These will be the years you look back on fondly.
Make sure to go enter my international giveaway for a copy of Speak
And Speak Out!!!