And though I don't have a ton of time to participate, yesterday's event caught my eye and I decided I really shoudl particpate -- it's a Review-a-Thon, and I am woefully behind in my reviews. And it looks like that may continue. I made a list last night of things I need to read and review in the coming months, and the list was Santa's Naughty scroll. It just kept growing...
Anyway, the Review-a-Thon is hosted by Red House Books, who wants everyone to at least get a plan together -- get your ducks in order, at least, and go from there.
So here's my list of books I've read and need to review:
- Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Changeless by Gail Carriger
- I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
- Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
- Alanna: the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
- In the Hands of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
- Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce
- Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
- Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
- According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
- A Certain Slant of Light (book club reread)
- Sunshine (book club reread)
- Thirteen Reasons Why (Wild Things challenge)
- Sorcery and Cecelia (WT challenge)
- Fun Home (WTC)
- The Beguilers (WTC)
- A little Wanting Song (WTC)
- If I Stay (WTC)
- How I Live Now (WTC)
- plus some others, if I get to them, but those are the WTCs I want to read most
- Iron King
- Iron Daughter (for review)
- First Daughter (currently reading)
- Last Snow
- Zan Gah books 1 & 2
- Skin and Bones
- Polar Bear Alpha
- Be the Noodle
- Vampire Theory
- a ton of Jane books
- about 1/2 doz kids books
No, I don't plan to read all of those during the course of the Read-a-Thon. This is just my list, and I want to be able to scratch some of them off. Through out the week, I'll likely spend 15-20 hours (I have today and 1/2 of tomorrow off! Yay!) total on the various a-Thons.
The goal is to write at least 3 of my reviews today, + make a decent dent in a couple of the books. The rest of the reviews will be a bit more spread out, but hopefully I can have the list down to just a couple by the end of next week, as well as wearing away at the book list.
Wish me luck!