The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
Amazon | Goodreads
Retelling: The Ugly Duckling, 416 pages
Expected publication: August 21st 2012 by Walker & Company
I won't be reviewing this one in full until much closer to its August release date, but I just had to tell you a little something about the book now. So here, briefly, are a couple quick thoughts/teasers from my late-summer review:
* The Ugly Duckling, AAAHHHHHH!!!!
* Hmm, I like this Emmeline lady. She's plucky. And magic. And she likes cows. I like cows.
* Enemy territory!
* Owen Oak, eh? And you have a thing for all the dairy maids, yes? I've got my eye on you, buddy...
* VILLAIN! Kick him! Oh, wait...
* Wanted posters, escaped slaves, leprosy, oh my!
* I don't think I like this kingdom very much. TAKE 'EM DOWN, Emmeline.
* Chocolate! Glorious chocolate!!
* Don't you try to win me over, villains. I WON'T HAVE IT. Maybe.
* Yeah, I do like this Emmeline person. And her Mr Oak's not too bad, either...
Make sure to stop back near the August release for my full, less nonsensical review (but not wholly sensical, either)! And don't forget to check out my interview with Suzaane and enter the giveaway for a signed copy of The Sweetest Spell!
|Click the button to be taken to the|
Fairy Tale Fortnight Main Page & Schedule
(button image via)