Some upcoming changes:
- I've decided to do my own thing for Teaser Tuesdays from now on. Nothing against the meme by Should Be Reading, but I never followed the rules of the game anyway (random page, 2 lines); I always made it my own, so I figured why not completely make it my own? From now on, I am going to do a TT vlog, and read you a part of a book whose review is upcoming. This way, if you are sufficiently teased, you can find out in the review later in the week if you do in fact want to read the book, and you can hear the words (which is nice) and get a more extended snippet than a normal TT piece.
- I am going to start doing something called the Kid's Corner where I will review (and maybe read to you) a children's book. There are so many great ones out there, and I know some of you have children, or at least access to children (she says in a non-creepy way), and would like great books to share with them. When possible, I am going to read these books with my neighbors (ages 6 and 10), and get their opinions on them to include in the review. All are welcome to hijack Kid's Corner and include it on their blogs.
- Be My Guest (if it continues) is going to have a perk (beyond that of getting your name out there and stretching a bit). Because you are doing me a favor in giving me a post that is ready to go (for the most part), I decided to start having random drawings for the Guests. They will be utterly random -- you never know when they'll happen or what you'll get, but if you've ever Been My Guest, so to speak, you are automatically entered. This means if you are a guest in January, you may randomly win a prize in December -- you never know. Just a little bonus.
- There may be a new review policy and contest policy coming. Not sure yet, just debating.
- I've also been debating a new meme called Dinner and a Movie(adaptation). (Or something along these lines. Maybe). Basically, I would give you a review of a book that has been made into a movie, a review of the movie, and a recipe (with pictures!) of the dinner/treat I made to go along with it, all on a theme. I have been lacking the impetus to do it as yet, but it should be coming sometime soon. We'll see. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?
- I still intend to have a linking post at the beginning of each month for you to link up your best/favorite posts from the month before. I really like the idea, and you seem to, too. But I can't settle on a name. 1/2 of me would like to keep changing it with something silly (like cheesy song references), but I don't want it to be confusing. Thoughts?
In other news:
- The Wild Things YA challenge is creeping up, and it looks to be a doozy. It will be on here (potential tasks were posted a few days ago), and all are welcome to participate. It will run from April through June. There may be goodies, especially as I am going to ALA in June; just saying.
- Did you hear that ^? I AM GOING TO ALA!!! Can I get a squee?
- I have over 400 followers (thank you) so there may be some sort of prize pack in someone's future. Not right now, as I have 2 giveaways and a swag thing going at the moment, but we'll see.
- I'm affliated with Natalie of Mindful Musings, but I've been a bad affliate and haven't done shit about it, so expect to see some occasional updates about the awesomeness that is Natalie in the future. I'll also be randomly spotlighting some of my other favorite bloggers, just because they deserve it.
- Jane in June is coming, you already know that. Just wanted to update you on a few things:
- lots of cool people are signing on, including authors with funfun giveaways.
- I am looking for people to write "Dear Jane" letters for a fun showcasing idea I have. They can be long and flowery or short and sweet; whatever you want to say to Jane (and the world). If you're interested, fill out the form; all the cool kids are doing it.