And it snuck up on me a bit this year. I mean, it always does, and even though I've been idly planning, I've mostly been distracted by Graphic Novel Week, and I realized today that it's LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY, OMG. Which means I'd better get an invitation post up, pronto!
So, that's right, Austen in August is right next month, folks! (Because that's when August is, fyi)
SO, by now I think most of you know the drill (especially since I've had people emailing me for months asking to get involved... ;P), but just in case you're new 'round these parts:
What the Eff is AIA?
Well, funny you should ask...
- Austen in August is a celebration of all things Jane Austen, featuring reviews, discussions, vlogs, giveaways, interviews and more! [See years one, two, three, four or mother-freaking five, because it's been half a decade, yo!] You can stop by any time during these 2 weeks and get lost in Austen. It's all very austentatious. . . alright, I'll stop now.
- It runs August 18th through August 31st, and everyone is welcome to participate. You can just read and comment on the daily posts, if you'd like, but as always, I will also be welcoming guest posts. Wanna review or giveaway your favorite adaptation? Share your Top 5 MOJ (Moments of Jane)? Discuss why Edmund is actually totally a catch *gag*? I'd love to host your awesome post! Fill out the form below with what you'd like to do and I'll reserve a spot for you!
- Are you an Austenite author who wants to be involved? EMAIL ME! I'd love to have you involved!
- There will also be a linky up on the first day to share last minute posts, if you're inspired to jump in. :)
- Once again I will be hosting an Austen Read Along to coincide with the event, and this year's book is EMMA. [Astute AIAers will have figured out there's only 1 book left to do, so you can get a jumpstart on next year's read, too... ;) ]
I don't ever want anyone to feel obligated to contribute in any way, but if you've been on the fence and too shy in the past, I'd love to feature you this year! I LOVE pulling in new Janeites, you have NO IDEA.
So if you're interested in being a featured guest right here on this blog (or on my vlog!), or you've been burning with things to say about Jane all year,
THE FORM IS NOW CLOSED. IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INVOLVED, PLEASE EMAIL ME.
NOTE TO READERS/BLOGGERS: because I get this question every year: this form is just for those who want to guest post or be featured on The Book Rat. You're welcome to do whatever you'd like on your own blog or vlog, and there will be a linky to share things if you so choose. But you do not have to fill out this form to say you're writing a post on your own blog. =)