So to keep you occupied until next FTF (or for awhile, at least), here are some of the fairy tale-ish things I've come across recently that I thought you should know about...
* Some people made a thing, and though it's ground that's been covered (and though it's sometimes a bit...sharp), it's pretty fun. It's a musical vlog thing — and a pretty funny, snarky one — about what Disney princesses have given up for their princes, sung by Elsa, et. al.
In case you're not sick of Frozen yet.
[Which I still haven't seen, so...]
* And while we're on the topic of sexim-ish, someone on BuzzFeed ranked the Disney princesses in order of hotness. You're welcome.
* And let's just keep the theme going, apparently, because someone wondered what it'd be like if the Disney villains were beautiful, and ... whatever, I ain't even mad. 'Cause fairy tales.
At least it's equal opportunity shallowness; both sexes of villain are represented. ;)
* Colleen Oakes wrote a thing on HuffPo about 10 fairy tale books to read while you're waiting for Maleficent to come out, and though I always distrust people who just so happen to include their own work on lists like that (even if I do really want to read her book. But I mean - come on!), it does have some pretty damn good books on it.
* And another hat tip to Buzzfeed, which showcased some real life places that look like something straight out of a fairy tale, and OH MY GOD WHY AM I NOT AT EACH OF THESE PLACES RIGHT NOW?
* Proving that my state is THE COOLEST (sorry not sorry, other 49!), a university in Michigan offers Unicorn Questing Licenses. Yes, you read that right: MOTHEREFFING UNICORN QUESTING LICENSES. (And though you should totally come visit me in the Mitten, you don't have to travel to get your license; you can get one for your self - for free - here!)
Have any fairy tale tidbits you'd like to share? Leave 'em in the comments, or send me a link on twitter or facebook any time through out the year! I'd love to see them, and they may well end up in a Fairy Tale Fortnight post in the future! =D