Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read.
I decided to do a little spin on this, 'cause I'm sure there are plenty of popular authors I've never read (and plenty I never intend to, even), but mostly when I think of popular authors I think of underread ones &mdash: I've read them, but maybe only 1 book before I decided they weren't for me, so they technically wouldn't count for this list.
Instead, I decided to go with popular authors whose books I own (sometimes by the boatload), and yet I've never read them. So maybe popular authors who make me feel a little guilty? I mean, I already own all of these books. I literally have no excuse* not to read them...
Anyway, here are my Top Ten popular authors I have yet to read!
*Other than the 999 other books clamoring to be read. Other than that.
1. Meg Cabot — I own, like, all the things by Meg Cabot ALL. THE. THINGS. Haven't read a-one of them.
2. Sarah Dessen — Every one tells me to read her, but I really don't have much of a desire to. Couldn't tell you why, but try your best to convince me, if you're so inclined.... It will probably do you zero amounts of good.
3. David Levithan — I keep meaning to read David Levithan, whose name I always want to type as Leviathan, which is kinda badass, but whatever; I mean to, they always sound good, and I own a number of them. Just hasn't happened.
4. Francesca Lia Block — See: Meg Cabot, all the things, substitute FLB.
5. Neal Shusterman — I actually feel bad about this one, 'cause my little sister, who is not a reader came home talking about this book (Unwind), and has consistently asked me to read it for at least 5 years. And it even sounds really good to me! Just haven't managed to pick it up yet.
6. Douglas Adams — I think it's pretty much a given that I will adore the Hitchhiker's Guide series. I even bought the fanceh cover, which is the closest thing to looking like a Bible that I own. I reference the thing without having read it. That's kinda ridiculous...
7. Diana Wynne Jones — I was so close to reading Howl's Moving Castle (which, incidentally, is just one of the many DWJ books I own...) a couple months ago, but another book won out. LOVE the movie, know I would love the book, really need to get around to it.
8. Courtney Summers — Much like Cabot and Block, I've felt the need to buy pretty much everything Summers has written...and yet read none of them.
9. Terry Pratchett — See: Adams, replace with Pratchett. I know I will love him, and I own a fair few Discworld books.
10. Veronica Roth — I preordered Divergent because I was so excited for it. Why in the world have I not read it?