It's time to talk to you about Jane!!
I know some of you have probably been popping by in the last week or so, looking for Jane Austen goodies. And you were probably startled to find that there were none. But there's a reason for that - Jane in June is moving!
Just to August, and just for this year, because I love my Jane in June. But June is always crazy for me, and I didn't have quite enough time to prepare this year. I didn't want to give you guys a Jane-dud, so instead of scrapping the idea altogether, we're just going to wrap up the summer with Jane instead!
If you're familiar with my past Jane in June events, you'll know that it's wall-to-wall Jane: reviews, giveaways, games, guest posts, author interviews - Jane and Jane and Jane some more. Just the way we all like it, right? (If you're not familiar
And YOU are invited to participate!
- This year's event will run from August 15th-31st. Stop by any day during that time for some Janey goodness.
- Everyone is welcome to participate. You can just read and comment if you'd like, but I will also be welcoming guest posts - want to review an adaptation of Jane's work? Share your Top 5 MOJ (Moments of Jane)? Discuss why Bingley is better than Bertram or Wickham is better than Wentworth*? I'd love to host your awesome post! You can email me here with what you'd like to do and I'll reserve a spot for you!**
- Maybe you're not the guest posting type, but you still want to be involved? Or maybe you just want to sponsor a giveaway of your favorite piece of Janey goodness. Email me! There's room for all kinds of involvement in Austen in August.
- There will also be a linky up on the first day, as always, if you're not the guest-posting type or have last minute posts you want to share. :)
- Once again I will be hosting an Austen Read Along to coincide with the event. That will get it's own introductory post once everything is finalized, but until then, please vote in the poll below to help decide what we'll be reading this year! [Pride and Prejudice is not on the list. Why? That's what we read last year!]
- Are you an Austenite author who wants to be involved? EMAIL ME! I'd love to have you involved!
- Feel free to share the Austen in August button (above) or share the event/read along with other Janeites! (and thank you if you do!)
So by now, you should know what you have to do (say it with me) email me! If you want to be involved, if you have questions or suggestions, if you're an author and you want in - feel free to shoot me a line. :)
Before I let you go, I just want to give a BIG THANKS to Masha at Antique Fashionista, who graciously allowed me to use her fabulous artwork for this year's event button and read along button! You may remember Masha from Jane in Junes past, where she has offered up some of my favorite pieces of Janeness ever created - in fact, my absolute favorite, Anne at the seaside in Lyme, is the basis for this year's button!
So please vote, email me, gather your stack of Jane-books, and prepare for Jane in June III ~ Austen in August: Rise of the Janeites... ;P
*Please note, you write a "Wickham > Wentworth" post at your own risk...**Please, serious guest posters only. If you know you are the type to back out at the last minute, please don't sign up. And it doesn't matter to me if you don't have a blog or have never written a guest post, or even if you're not quite sure what you want to write, you are still welcome to be a guest poster - but poorly edited/unreadable posts will be discarded, whether you are an author, blogger or Jane's most devoted Janeite.
Now, PLEASE VOTE on which book you think we should discuss for the Read Along this year! The poll ends in 1 week so vote quickly and spread the word!!