|Click here to be taken to the Austen in August Main Page!|
Fab button artwork c/o Antique Fashionista!
|Why don't I own this copy?|
Well, the voting is over, and as predicted, PERSUASION is going to be this year's read! I don't know about you, but I am ready to get my Wentworth on
Now, I know a lot of you who've read this are already ready to start talking about The Letter, but not everyone has read this yet - plus we've still got almost 2 months to go! For now, we're just signing up and lacing our bonnets a little tighter in anticipation...
Before I get down to sign-ups, though: this year I thought it would be fun to have other people host spin-off discussions - like, "Let's discuss the crazy mess that is the Eliot family" or, you know, The Letter), so if you're interested in hosting a spin-off mini-discussion, or giveaway, or anything Persuasion-related, email me! I'll be hosting my own spin-off in the form of a "viewing party" - so grab some popcorn, sit back and watch a film adaptation or two of Persuasion, and then come over and discuss the pros and cons with me! (And seriously - if you haven't seen the newer version: Rupert. Penry. Jones. Okay*?)
*Fair Warning: that last one is not from Persuasion, and is totally NSFW... =D
I am fully open to ideas, so if you have something you want to see end up on the discussion questions, or some other amazing thing, let me know!
Now, on to the nitty gritty:
Official sign-ups will be open until the August 1st, so that people have time to read the book before Austen in August begins on the 15th. After that, no links can be added to the linky, but participants are still welcome to comment, read Persuasion and join in!Sign ups have been re-opened for easier tracking! All are welcome! =)
- Participants are asked to sign up on the linky below. The link you leave can be to your blog or vlog, or if you don't have one, you can just leave a comment.
- The complete discussion questions will be posted on August 1st so that you have time to prepare your posts. There will be 2 sets: posts about the first set should go up during week 1 (August 15-23), and the second set during week 2 (August 24-31). There will be linkies up on the 15th and 24th to share your portion of the discussion.
- Participants are not confined to the discussion questions. They are a jumping off point - discussion starters - so feel free to be as free-wheeling as you'd like!
- Don't have a copy? Don't worry - there are plenty of places you can read it online for free, like Project Gutenberg or the Republic of Pemberley! Or you can download a free audiobook of it here!
- Feel free to post/share the Read Along button (above) or the Austen in August button (below)!