Fairy Tale Fortnight is turning five this year! That's right, this makes half a decade since I started filling up your Springtimes with all the fairy tale lovin' I could muster, with the help of one co-host (Ashley) or another (Bonnie).
When I started FTF, I never imagined that there were that many of you out there who love fairy tales just as much as I do (and some of you, even more!), or that throughout the year, I'd have people emailing, tweeting and messaging me about things they wanted to do for the next year's Fairy Tale Fortnight. It still gives me a giddy little thrill every time someone tells me they're planning their reading stack around it, or have eagerly been awaiting the announcement of when it will be held.
I mean, it's kind of amazing, guys.
And I love you for it.
And so, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that Fairy Tale Fortnight dates have been set, and the beginnings of the feverish planning conversations have been had between Bonnie and I; and making it even more official-er, the button has been made! I give you this year's FTF button, Whimsical Fairy Antlered Girl!
Okay, so yeah, there's probably a better way to say that, but this is what I've been referring to her as in my head for weeks now, so Whimsical Fairy Antlered Girl it is. ^_^
Thank you muchly to faestock & TinaLouiseUK for the images I used to create this year's button -- you gals rock! Feel free to share this button if/when you post about Fairy Tale Fortnight, or if you do your own FTF reading/reviewing/giveaway-ing, etc., this year.
Now, let's get down to the business of thingshttp://www.thebookrat.com/2011/04/fairy-tale-fortnight-schedule-of.html, shall we?
- What is Fairy Tale Fortnight? Fairy Tale Fortnight is a two-week event that takes place once a year. The focus of the event is fairy tale retellings and fairy tale-esque works. The two weeks will be jam-packed with reviews, interviews, guest posts, giveaways and all manner of awesome things!
- Where is Fairy Tale Fortnight? FTF takes place here at The Book Rat and on my Youtube channel, as well as on A Backwards Story, the blog of my co-host, Bonnie (and lets face it, it will probably spill over to tumblr, twitter and facebook...)
- When is Fairy Tale Fortnight? This year, FTF will be taking place between Wednesday, April 1st and Tuesday, April 14th.
- Can anyone participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? YES! We highly encourage others to participate, whether it be through their own blogs, vlogs, tumblrs and tweets, or just through the comments. There will be a linky up on the first day to share fairy tale-related posts throughout the event. For those who want to be even more involved, we also invite people to be featured guests here at FTF HQ (ie mine and Bonnie's blogs). Guests can send us their own reviews, giveaways, Top 5 lists, etc - anything with a fairy tale slant that they think should have a turn in the FTF spotlight! There is a form below to fill out if you'd like to be considered for a guest slot!
- Do you have to be a blogger/vlogger to participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? NO, not at all! We welcome all comers; the only requirement is a love for fairy tales. Whether you're a full-fledged obsessive like we are, or are just starting to rediscover them, ALL are welcome to participate!
- Can authors participate as well? Absolutely! Authors are welcome to participate in any of the ways listed above. If you'd like to do something more promotional, like an interview or a giveaway, or talk to Bonnie or I about a possible review, please email us: email Misty | email Bonnie
- Still have questions on how this whole thing works? Check out the schedules for year one, year two, year three and year four to get a better idea of how the events run, and what to expect from this year!
BEFORE I LET YOU GO, don't forget to fill out the form below if you'd like to be a featured guest during Fairy Tale Fortnight! And if you have anything particular you'd like to see on this year's event, please tell me in the comments!!
PLEASE NOTE: IF you are an author who would like to be involved or have your book featured in Fairy Tale Fortnight, please email me or Bonnie directly.