IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR FAIRY TALE FORTNIGHT AGAIN!
Since I started this blog, I've always tried to share my love of fairy tales with you, 'cause frankly, I'm obsessed. I spend a disproportionate amount of my year thinking about fairy tales, and planning what I'll get to share with you in the next event. And I'm not the only one this is true of, as Bonnie from A Backwards Story will be joining me as co-host again this year for the FOURTH ANNUAL FTF!
Before we get down to particulars: I've said in the past that no blog event feels real until there's a button for it, so let's start there. Once again this year I made both a button* (below) and a banner (above); feel free to share or use any of them when talking about Fairy Tale Fortnight. =)
All of this years buttons created with awesome stock from Deviant Artists Queens Revenge, Mifti Stock and Sed Rah . You guys rock!
Now, let's get down to business, shall we?
- What is Fairy Tale Fortnight? Fairy Tale Fortnight is a two-week event that takes place once a year. The focus of the event is fairy tale retellings and fairy tale-esque works. The two weeks will be jam-packed with reviews, interviews, guest posts, giveaways and all manner of awesome things!
- Where is Fairy Tale Fortnight? FTF takes place here at The Book Rat and on my Youtube channel, as well as on A Backwards Story, the blog of my co-host, Bonnie (and lets face it, it will probably spill over to tumblr, twitter and facebook...)
- When is Fairy Tale Fortnight? This year, FTF will be taking place between Sunday, April 20th and Saturday, May 3rd.
- Can anyone participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? YES! We highly encourage others to participate, whether it be through their own blogs, vlogs, tumblrs and tweets, or just through the comments. There will be a linky up on the first day for readers and participants to share their own fairy tale-related posts throughout the event. For those who want to be even more involved, we also invite people to guest post here at FTF HQ (ie mine and Bonnie's blogs). Guests can send us their own reviews, giveaways, Top 5 lists, etc - anything with a fairy tale slant that they think should have a turn in the FTF spotlight! There is a form below to fill out if you'd like to be considered for a guest slot!
- Do you have to be a blogger/vlogger to participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? NO, not at all! We welcome all comers; the only requirement is a love for fairy tales. Whether you're a full-fledged obsessive like we are, or are just starting to rediscover them, ALL are welcome to participate!
- Can authors participate as well? Absolutely! Authors are welcome to participate in any of the ways listed above. If you'd like to do something more promotional, like an interview or a giveaway, or talk to Bonnie or I about a possible review, please email us: email Misty | email Bonnie
- Anything else we should know? Yep! Because it was so much fun last year, we've once again paired up with Kathy from I am a Reader, to organize a Fairy Tale Giveaway Blog Hop! Stay tuned for more details on how YOU can be part of the hop, but until then, please to enjoy this pretty button!
- Still have questions on how this whole thing works? Check out the schedules for year one, year two and year three to get a better idea of how the events run, and what to expect from this year!
BEFORE I LET YOU GO, don't forget to fill out the form below if you'd like to be a featured guest during Fairy Tale Fortnight! And if you have anything particular you'd like to see on this year's event, please tell me in the comments!!